TOP THINGS TO ENJOY IN YOUR TRIP TO THE CARIBBEAN
The Caribbean is like the picture perfect holiday that you have imagined of. The place has been portrayed in several films as an exotic holiday destination. Just like your favorite hero, you can also enjoy the beauty of Caribbean. You can make it luxurious by renting a Villa in the Caribbean. They are by the beautiful turquoise blue ocean and the white sands. Spending an amazing holiday at the Caribbean is a dream of many. Away from the usual cold weather of the United States, several families flock to the Caribbean island as a warm retreat. So, let us know about the place in a much better way.
WHAT IS THE CARIBBEAN?
It is mostly remembered by people as a pirate destination. But in reality, it consists of a group of islands, islets, reefs, and cays on the Caribbean plate. The sea that surrounds them is called the Caribbean Sea. The place is rich with history and has an amalgamation of culture. Tourism is an important part of the country’s economy. People are mainly drawn to it for the tropical climate that it possesses throughout the year. Some of the famous islands of Caribbean are Cuba, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago. The diversity in the environment and nature of the Caribbean is amazing. 8% of the world’s coral reefs can be found in the Caribbean region. Let us see some of the things that are a must when you visit the Caribbean.
AMAZING THINGS TO EXPERIENCE IN THE CARIBBEAN:
If the Caribbean is your dream holiday then include all of these into your bucket list. The area of the Caribbean is huge, so it will take multiple trips to fulfill every point. But it is definitely worth it as the place is exquisitely beautiful. So, let us begin with our list:
- Visiting the Dunn’s River Falls present in Jamaica can be an awesome experience. You need to climb a few limestone steps to reach the top to see the total waterfall. It is one of the best-known spots of Jamaica. The waterfall makes beautiful pools where you can take a dip if you want. Its natural location makes it a must visit for everyone.
- Experience a hike at the Waitukubuli National Trail in Dominica. The trail stretches up to 115 miles but for easiness, it has been divided into 14 sections. The route called the Nature Island is quite beautiful because of its coast to coast trail. It also contains a UNESCO Heritage site inside it known as Morne Trois Pitons National Park. The hike is an important part for those who want to experience the indigenous life of Dominica.
- You can literally swim with the pigs if you visit The Bahamas. You can experience it in the Big Major’s Spot Island present in the Exuma island chain. Somehow the pigs got to the uninhabited island and made it their home. Now tourists can enjoy a swim with the lovely little creatures. You get to experience the beautiful beaches of the island and also have a lovely time with the pigs.
- This time the life will be stingrays, which you can enjoy in the Cayman Islands. They aren’t as harmful as you think. You can visit them in the Stingray City and even feed them. The water is crystal clear so it is a unique experience to watch them. You can also experience scuba diving in the Cayman Islands.
- Whales are mysterious and amazing creatures. If you always wanted to see one you can fulfill your dream at the Samana Peninsula present in the Dominican Republic. It is a natural breeding area for whales so there are a lot of sightings. In the mating season, you can even hear the courting sounds made by the male whales.
- Jamaica is known to be a coffee producing country. The coffee is famous throughout the world and you can have a hands-on experience of drinking it in its birthplace. The Blue Mountains is a place that is beautiful and also holds the secret to the coffee. Take a tour of the coffee estates and visit the Mavis Bank Coffee Factory. This will be a dream tour for people who are addicted to coffee.
- If you want to visit something different then you can go to The Baths present in Virgin Gorda. Secluded sea space has been created by nature using huge granite boulders. The pools and grottos are quite scenic and you can easily enjoy a swim in them. The Devil’s Bay beach present in the area is also an exquisite place. It has crystal clear water and is best for enjoying snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Ziplining has got famous over the years. If you want to experience one of the best zip lines you need to visit Costa Rica. They take you through the forest and the view is stunning. It may be a little fearful at the first but we can assure that you want to experience it.
- If Scuba Diving or snorkeling is your thing then visit the Bonaire islands. The marine life has been preserved in the sanctuary. The place is best known for its unique elkhorn and staghorn coral along with the tropical fishes. Be sure to respect the environment of the marine life.
So, here we end the list of some of the things that you can experience in the Caribbean. Of course, there are lots of other things to do as it is a huge place. Plan your vacation according to the places that you like the most.
This article is submitted by Seema Gurnani from www.pandareviewz.com